Founded in 2008 as a governmental relations consulting firm, Principal and CEO Krystel Reid Heath had a vision, ‘That people should come before politics, and regardless of your position in life, that your government should work for you’. Her founding vision was simple: ‘To speak on behalf of those who would otherwise not have a voice in our governmental system and positively influence the political process.’ This of course was not easy–change never is.
Some of our early accomplishments included:
- Partnering with Kids Are Waiting—a Project of the Pew Charitable Trusts to advocate for the reform of foster care on Capitol Hill (2006-March 2008)
- Advocating for reform of child welfare system through political education and advocacy with Foster Club in over 25 states (June 2006-2008);
- Hosting a City of Columbia Mayoral Candidate’s Forum (March 2010)
- Hosting of Statewide Annual Legislative Conference, “The Capitol Report” (2010-2013)
- Our Principal and CEO, Krystel Reid Heath, was a TV Political Analyst and Commentator, “The Political Pulse”, WACH FOX 57 (August 2010-October 2011)
With diversified media and communications experience, our Principal and CEO, launched the communications arm of the company in 2011. Since, then, Capitol Consulting Strategies has successfully assisted various non-profits, small businesses and governmental entities in the development and implementation of public and community relations strategies.